Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants - Best Self | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Lot of flexibility, very open with diversity, great work environment" (in 26 reviews)

• "Promote from within mentality, experienced management, great benefits" (in 24 reviews)

Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Best Self"

Current Employee - Director of Food and Beverage in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director of Food and Beverage in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kimpton is the best company I have had the pleasure to work for. If you are looking for an organization who has your back, supports you, develops you and trusts your entrepreneurial spirit then this is where you want to be. Many companies value average results and average experiences. At Kimpton I am part of a culture that challenges me to be my best self, challenges me to be a leader in the industry and also surrounds my team and I with some of the best leaders in the industry. You don't become one of the best places to work in fortune magazine by accident. It is achieved with respect, motivation, accountability and leaders who inspire you to grow each and everyday and move mountains for us to do what we do best, which is to serve our guests.

Cons

Hard to find be happy all the time!!

Advice to Management

If you are looking to be your best self, then surround yourself with the best leaders. A company like Kimpton attracts only the best, genuine leadership that lead by example and love hospitality and guest service more then any other company I have ever worked with.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great growth opportunites"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture of development, care and self leadership

Cons

I cannot think of any reason why you would work at any other hotel company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

2. "A company worth working for"

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Finance
    Current Employee - Assistant Director of Finance

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture of Kimpton is the strongest I have seen. Even though it is a large company, you feel very intertwined at all levels. People are happy who work here and that is because the guests are happy too. The brand is really something rare if you ask me. Also, there is always room for advancement. It is an easy company to move up in if you are willing to put in the time and work.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing is pay. I was offered 30k more for a job with another hospitality group but turned it down because Kimpton is one of a kind. You constantly hear about people coming back because the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Advice to Management

Bump up pay to market standards.

Discover more reviews about Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.