Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place for self-driven individuals to learn and grow in your career

Aug 14, 2021 - Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Focus on training. There is a ton of focus on upskilling yourself and continuing training, especially for engineers. K+C encourages and pays for a variety of certifications and also encourages employees to attend conferences to continue to increase our knowledge and bring that back to our client work. - Focus on time off. Recently kin and Carta moved to an unlimited time off model, which is great to see, but also specifically called our that according to studies unlimited time off does lead to some people taking less time off. So the company is working on empowering People Leaders with the information to make sure the employees under them are taking the appropriate time off necessary. Their focus on mental health of the employees is ever improving and it is nice to see that. - 401K match and insurance benefits are great. - Flat structure still maintained at scale. Kin and Carta is continuing to evolve its operating model by giving the employees structure, while still maintaining the same autonomy you would get in a smaller firm. This allows employees to be more self driven, while providing structure when needed. - BCORP certification. Great to see K+C invest in getting BCORP certified and continue to invest in the people and the planet. Also the renewed focus on Diversity and Inclusion is nice to see.

Cons

Nothing I can think off

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome Work Environment

Oct 11, 2021 - Strategy Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Supportive and growing culture 2. Room to showcase responsibility and maturity 3. Multifaceted client facing 4. Multiple operating service lines 5. Respectable and competitive salary 6. Bi-yearly performance review 7. Global offices 8. Company perks

Cons

1. Company implemented rules pertaining to promotional opportunities 2. Seldom overwhelming number of people on projects

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Paced With Incredible People

Aug 22, 2021 - Solution Delivery Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kin + Carta is the most incredible place ive worked my whole career. The client work is challenging yet rewarding, the Kin you work with each day are empathetic and genuinely care and the company as a whole wants to do good thing for our Kin, our clients and the world around us. There is an energy that makes each day fun and exciting and the ambition to grow this type of culture into a powerhouse in consulting is inspiring. I've seen countless examples where people are struggling professionally or personally and every time ive seen someone step in to help them through it. Kin + Carta really is a place that has challenged you professionally and supported me personally and im grateful and proud to work here every day.

Cons

The hyper growth that we've experienced can be challenging to navigate and with this there have been examples where the intent was good but the execution not great. Investing in change management planning and execution is critical to make sure the strategy doesn't fail. Overall though, if you have the mindset that can deal with change and fast growth then this is an awesome place to work.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Kin + Carta.