Kindercare - Kindercare has been like my second family. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

"Kindercare has been like my second family."

Current Employee - Management in Fredericksburg, VA
Current Employee - Management in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at Kindercare for a total of 19 years between two different centers. Watching children learn and grow and the relationships you have with their families is amazing. Working with a great team is what makes it work. I have had that throughout my years too. You have to love children or it is not the place for you. But the rewards you get from the children and their smiles each day is worth it. Kindercare also inspires you to grown and learn yourself and provides inservice training for you to give you that opportunity. You will find a life time of great experiences at Kindercare.

Cons

At this time threre is none

Advice to Management

At this time there is non.e

Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare

1. "KinderCare does not appreciate employees including middle management."

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, tons of time off given. Great ideas for changes to better the learning environment and to upgrade the centers and curriculum.

Cons

Never encouraged or allowed to take the time off. Home and work life balance non existent. Claim to all never take work home however, it will never get done otherwise. Very secretive in what is happening next after quite some time with this company I think it is because the follow through is lacking.

Advice to Management

Be loyal to your long term staff and support them. Very few people at the DM level and below have time to be sneaky and underhanded it is too much work and we don't get done the work that is required.

"Unprofessional and petty"

Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Midlothian, VA
    Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at Kindercare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekends and holidays off, most places are closed by 6:30pm

Cons

There is no team work among the teachers, most are just our for themselves, the children are left all day to be raised by other people. Directors are unprofessional and can not deal with any issues they feel are uncomfortable. Pay is horrible, pretty much no room for advancement. Some people are allowed to do whatever they want while others stick to the rules. The company severely limits hours and budget so that it is hard to even order paper for the children. I feel like I'm in a high school sorority.

Advice to Management

Be more professional, don't reward people for not doing their jobs.