Kindercare - Love the kids, challenging family situations, a lot to do in little time | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

"Love the kids, challenging family situations, a lot to do in little time"

Former Employee - Pre-kindergarten Teacher in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Pre-kindergarten Teacher in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kids were great. It's very fun to see how quickly they learn. Curriculum is pre-written. Free meals every day. I had a great supervisor who took a full day out of her schedule to help me with behavior challenges in my room.

Cons

Curriculum is difficult to play out because you have too many children to supervise at once to do small group work and often times are provided with the necessary supplies. You are given no ability to correct innappropriate behavior in children aside from telling the child they can no longer play with what they have and to move on to a new activity. It is also a challenge to completely switch out class room themes every two weeks since you have no prep time with out kids.

Advice to Management

Provide teachers with prep time with out kids, and with some behavior modification tools. Ensure that class rooms have supplies needed to follow curriculum.

Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare

"Children are not safe in the Moblie Infant classroom, the Toddler classroom and 3/4s classroom"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher I in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher I in Johnson City, TN

I worked at Kindercare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Teachers are trying to do the best they can to keep the children safe. They are very caring people who genuinely care for the students.

Cons

The ridiculous mandates of this organization make it absolutely impossible to keep the children safe at all times!
    It is called a "learning center", but there is very little learning going on.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure there is anything to be done to rectify this situation. Perhaps, with more experienced director(s) running this "so called" learning center, the children may be cared for in a more safe manner.

2. "Kindercare has been like my second family."

Current Employee - Management in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Management in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at Kindercare for a total of 19 years between two different centers. Watching children learn and grow and the relationships you have with their families is amazing. Working with a great team is what makes it work. I have had that throughout my years too. You have to love children or it is not the place for you. But the rewards you get from the children and their smiles each day is worth it. Kindercare also inspires you to grown and learn yourself and provides inservice training for you to give you that opportunity. You will find a life time of great experiences at Kindercare.

Cons

At this time threre is none

Advice to Management

At this time there is non.e