Kindercare - All about the money, not about the children/staff | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

"All about the money, not about the children/staff"

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work with some fun people, that's about it anymore. I used to love working here. Now I have to drag myself out of bed every morning.

Cons

Terrible work/life balance. Having to work close to 60 hours a week but salaried so only getting paid for 40 hours. Changed the way directors achieve bonus so it's practically impossible. It takes forever to get the go ahead from corporate to withdraw children with terrible behavior problems so meanwhile we are getting spit on, hit, kicked, and punched on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Senior Management all need to spend a week doing the duties of a director to understand everything the job requires and how stressful the position is.

Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare

1. "KinderCare does not appreciate employees including middle management."

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, tons of time off given. Great ideas for changes to better the learning environment and to upgrade the centers and curriculum.

Cons

Never encouraged or allowed to take the time off. Home and work life balance non existent. Claim to all never take work home however, it will never get done otherwise. Very secretive in what is happening next after quite some time with this company I think it is because the follow through is lacking.

Advice to Management

Be loyal to your long term staff and support them. Very few people at the DM level and below have time to be sneaky and underhanded it is too much work and we don't get done the work that is required.

2. "It's NOT all about the kids"

Former Employee - Group Supervisor
    Former Employee - Group Supervisor

Pros

*ability to bring my children to work at a discounted rate
    *amazing teaching staff
    *offered great benefits
    *opportunities for professional development within the company

Cons

*management had no regard for personal time-I was expected to work overtime daily without asking if I was available resulting in my babysitter for my older children at home quitting. Then they got angry when I had to call of because I had no one to watch them when they got sick.
    *management had little concern for the welfare of the children...At one point refusing to allow a sick child to stay in the office while the rest of the class went outside. The Assistant Director took the child's temp and it was 102 and she still made that little girl go outside in the cold and she was crying of ear pain. The parent then reported that the child had an ear infection. That was the point that I had enough and accepted a position at another center. Why would I think they would not do the same to my child?

Advice to Management

Treat your teachers with more respect. I would think that because you are quoted as being one of the best centers in the country that you would want to recruit and retain quality teaching staff. At the rate you are going through them, you are going to slowly start substituting "name brand" teachers with cheap dollar store knock offs...and the parents will start to notice.