Kindercare - Good for experience. | Glassdoor

"Good for experience."

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Utica, MI
Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Utica, MI

I worked at Kindercare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff becomes like family. Will hire anyone, so it's a great place to start out. You are usually able to try out all the different age groups/being a cook/driving the bus.

Cons

They do not care about the kids, my GM referred to the children as "FTE" (full-time equivalents)! In my three years that I worked with KinderCare, the kids were placed in rooms that may not have been theirs just to keep ratios down so they could let people go home because there wasn't money to pay them. My first year I worked there, we had over time and raises; we then went on a salary freeze. The only motivation to do a good job was the fear of getting fired, and of course the kids. KC does not pay well whatsoever, and management is unstable (in my three years, I went through 4 different directors).

Advice to Management

Remember why you went into this business.

Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare

"Will use its Employee then throw them away like trash!!"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Maryland Heights, MO
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Maryland Heights, MO

I worked at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Children and families are the best part of the job. Being able to interact, teach and learn from them is the best part of the job. Developing working relationships with your coworkers is also a plus.

Cons

The company is unorganized from the top down. The company is run by a group of people who have a background in retail and not childcare. They have directors that cant so much more a piece of furniture in their center without getting permission from upper management, therefore they have no business running a center. Because the children are on the bottom of their list after they please there bosses first. Employees are made it to feel that nothing they do is good enough, because if a situation happens somewhere else everyone is made to change (even if it happens in a different region of the company)

Advice to Management

If you are hiring people that you believe are competent or if you believe that your training is so sound then allow people to do their jobs. No person who is responsible for taking care of the safety and welfare of a child wants to be made to feel like you have to guide them all the time. If you hire me because I'm qualified and that I can do the job and not because you want to change me or believe in your company. If you are not respecting me as an adult /colleague.

"Teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - Teacher in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love working with the children and the families are great. Most of the teachers are very nice and great to work with. Great for getting expierience but not for a life long career.

Cons

No pay raises, Beginning pay rate goes up over time but people who have been there years are still at the low pay the started with, lots of favoritism and cliques, all feedback is negative, never seem to be able to do enough to make management happy, something is always still wrong

Advice to Management

Be supportive and praise your staff. Stop playing favoritism with your friends.