Kindercare - Love children, horrible pay for what needs to be done. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

"Love children, horrible pay for what needs to be done."

Current Employee - Teacher in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Teacher in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount on tuition if you have children enrolled.
Children are normally loving.

Cons

Pay is awful, parents can be very over demanding, no 'thank yous' for management. . . Ever. Children can be very stressful.

Advice to Management

Show your employees that you appreciate them!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare

"Good to Bad"

Former Employee - Assistant Director
    Former Employee - Assistant Director

I worked at Kindercare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-Workers were good friends, flexibility with scheduling, Hours were guaranteed, enjoyed the children and the parents, playing while working

Cons

Company president changed, focus of business changed, day to day operations became unreasonable, DM forced Director and other employees out even though our location was a top performer.

Advice to Management

Be more personable to the staff when visiting. Director at the time would table issues instead of dealing with at the time the problem would arise.

2. "If you want to help children thrive while their parents are working this is a good start to a career in childcare."

Former Employee - Lead Infant Teacher in Mill Creek, WA
    Former Employee - Lead Infant Teacher in Mill Creek, WA

I worked at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers do work together and have each others support when a day is long or particularly difficult. The parents in this area are great and I loved caring for their babies while they had to go to work. I also like that they provide parents with a sheet at the end of each day that shows what they have eaten, bathroom frequency and what they were taught or experienced each day. We are there to support the parents as well as the children, because it is hard to leave your infant and go back to work.

Cons

No overtime, usually no more than 38 hours for full time. Most cannot afford benifits such as medical insurance on the hourly wage offered. There is a lot of turnaround in childcare, which I also saw with this company.

Advice to Management

Make sure that there is enough staff so that all teachers can have bathroom breaks when needed, without having to wait more than 5 or so minutes.