Kindred Healthcare - Given the corporate expectations workload is very high at Kindred. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Given the corporate expectations workload is very high at Kindred."

Former Employee - Director of Quality Management in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Director of Quality Management in Houston, TX

Pros

Stable well established company that is a leader in the industy.

Cons

A lot of top down pressure to perform at a certain level but limited resources with which to meet the company's expectations. I was expected to work a lot more hours here than I did in similar positions at previous employers.

Advice to Management

Provide more training for this position. It is one of the most important jobs in the building.

Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Communication is Key to employee staifaction"

Current Employee - Therapist in Corydon, IN
    Current Employee - Therapist in Corydon, IN

Pros

Fellow colleagues support one another and are very team oriented. They have excellent clinical skills and are willing to share their knowledge and expertise to produce the highest level of independence for the patient. The therapits look at the whole picture to treat the whole person. The patient and family or significant other have a significant impact on the direction of their plan of care. The administrator, nursing staff, therapists, social worker and support staff truely care about each patient's well-being and overall quality of life whether they remain at the facility as a resident or return home.

Cons

Not enough hands on professional training on site. Need more workshops and opportunities to grow professionally. Conference calls are great, but need more in depth, hands on continuing education more often through out the year. Therapists need good communication on a regular basis and have a say in regards to what staffing is needed and provided in order to trust management, maintain high productivity and retain good therapists who have been with the company many years.

Advice to Management

Better communication on a weekly basis and hire staff appropriately to keep productivity high. If a site is overstaffed, the whole team tends to feel threatened and this impacts job satisfaction and morale.

"Has its ups and downs!!!"

Former Employee - Medical Social Worker in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Medical Social Worker in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great team work and patient to staff ratio. Great educational opourtunities at work and CEU Events Available outside of work

Cons

Management does not tell you your doing anything wrong until it is too late and don't get ill and have to miss work becasue even with a doctors note that is grounds for termination since you will fall behind in your duties. Very high turnover in all departments. I went through several department heads while I was there and people in my department came and went as well without notice. Watch your back.

Advice to Management

Please inform all new hires of the high turnover and please work on management to peer communication as it really helps the teamwork process. Also if you are going to counsel someone tell them you are don't just assume they know that they know that already.

All of the Senior Management were great to work with but what happened at the end made me wonder who I should have trusted the entire time I was there. So as I said above watch your back.