Kindred Healthcare - It was a Job....and gave some expierience to prepare me for the job I have now | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"It was a Job....and gave some expierience to prepare me for the job I have now"

Former Contractor - Radiology Technologist in Phoenix, AZ
Former Contractor - Radiology Technologist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Kindred Healthcare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Was able to work independently
Most of the staff was nice
Leadership was fair

Cons

Inquired about the open part time position and was told I didnt have enough expierience however they wanted me to work per diem and do full time hours but not pay benefits
Had to often cover call for up to two weeks straight with no breaks because other "Techs" didnt want to do it.
Some of the staff took no pride in thier work

Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Terrible, Terrible Company. Did I mention Terrible?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck every 2 weeks

Cons

After reading many of these reviews it sounds like most Kindred facilities are the same, which is unfortunate. I understand this is a business, but a hospital should not be driven by profits. We are dealing with people's lives, and it's not something to be taken lightly. I have experienced things here, that I never expected to see happen in a hospital setting, things that should never happen in a hospital setting. Kindred excels at finding the worst managers. I'm pretty sure they must hire them from Craigslist. They are incompetent, and have no idea how to connect with employees. At least 50 people have quit since I have been working here, and I haven't even been here that long. The benefits, if you can call them that, are preposterous. I would rather not have insurance than pay $400 a month for nothing. Pretty much every day that I go to work I hope to be fired, so I can get unemployment. There are no bonuses, no matching on 401, and really no rewards of any kind. There really is no incentive to do a good job.

Advice to Management

Quit and find something else to do because you obviously have no idea what you're doing. I'm pretty sure most of them could not manage their way out of a box. This company will definitely not be around forever.

"Too understaffed and over worked to do proper patient care."

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We don't have to answer pages to an ER,and you do get to know and care about familymembers and patients'.

Cons

Inadequate staffing
    Workloads that are dangerous to patients and impossible to carry out
    Management is not in touch with what staff who are working the floors have to contend with, & they are too tied up in constant "meetings" to assist staff.-typical middle management.
    There is no one to go to with any problems about workloads,or important issues, etc. The managers just nod and smile and nothing changes.If you try to go to the top then you are called into the office and scorned.
    Absolutely no backing of employess under any circumstances!
    Never have meds we need,equipment, or supplies. So cheap they even removed beverages from thre floors for patients! Patients' must call for every milk or coke! Sometimes the kitchen has time to bring it to them and sometimes not! Cafeteria isn't open very long and is closed at night.
    When we FINALLY have a day "once in a while" where we have staff, to do a good job-they budget someone! It is then the staff who are blamed for poor care and/or neglect, when it's those above, who won't give us enough help! Most employees "want" to take good care of their patients but just can't! I have seen many staff members in tears trying to achieve.
    The list could go on but you get the idea. The morale is very low,and no one wants to work extra to help because of the stress level there.Survey after survey they are told how it is but it doesn't really improve. :(

Advice to Management

PLEASE try and walk in your employees shoes, and take time to see what is going on,and try and CHANGE things for the better-not just say,"My hands are tied".
    Talk to staff politely.
    A pat on the back occasionally is a good motivater.