Kindred Healthcare - Great job, great colleagues, great work environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Great job, great colleagues, great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very understanding of work/life balance, which makes me hopeful that I can be loyal to this organization for a long time to come and potentially grow with the organization. It seems to me that there are tons of growth opportunities if you are willing to work hard and perhaps work at different locations (which is not challenging given how big and spread out Kindred is). Kindred seems to be a very forward-thinking organization, while maintaining a commitment to provide compassionate and world-class post-acute care to patients. Patients and families generally are incredibly pleased with the care they receive at Kindred, which makes me glad to work here.

Cons

While I appreciate not being micro-managed and that full faith is put in me to develop and execute plans and hold myself accountable, some more direction and feedback would be appreciated. I occassionally feel under-utilized in my role.

Advice to Management

Regularly schedule meetings between all employees with their supervisors would be beneficial to ensure accountability, feedback and understanding of work activitires and growth potential.

Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Overworked and underpaid"

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with some very talented, friendly people

Cons

-No raises, I worked there 6 years and made less when I left then when I started
    -Overworked, I would work 10 -12 hours day to stay afloat and OT is discouraged, working more hours then your time card states is standard
    -Not getting paycheck on time or at all, there were many incidents where a bonus was earned and we would not it see it for months after the promised date, or my bi monthly paycheck would not show up in my bank account for some reason and I had to be mailed a check
    -Management rules by fear, you never feel secure or stable in your position "You're lucky you have a job" is the motto here
    -Horrible health benefits
    -Benefits cuts happen often

Advice to Management

Focus on moral for your employees

2. "Good place to get your year of acute experience but nothing more"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting pt population, some coworkers are great.

Cons

No leadership, punitive, reactionary management . Doctors extremely disrespectful to nursing staff.

Advice to Management

More presence on the floors.