Kindred Healthcare - Great department, poor health benefits, great office, qualified management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Great department, poor health benefits, great office, qualified management"

Former Employee - Analyst in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Analyst in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The corporate office is very nice and in a great location. The salary was pretty good and the working hours were consistent. All of the employees I dealt with were very well qualified.

Cons

Being a large company, things moved pretty slow, and there was a lot a red tape.

Advice to Management

It seemed like Kindred was always pushing a new initiative. It might be good to just be consistent with the most important things.

Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

1. "Great job, great colleagues, great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very understanding of work/life balance, which makes me hopeful that I can be loyal to this organization for a long time to come and potentially grow with the organization. It seems to me that there are tons of growth opportunities if you are willing to work hard and perhaps work at different locations (which is not challenging given how big and spread out Kindred is). Kindred seems to be a very forward-thinking organization, while maintaining a commitment to provide compassionate and world-class post-acute care to patients. Patients and families generally are incredibly pleased with the care they receive at Kindred, which makes me glad to work here.

Cons

While I appreciate not being micro-managed and that full faith is put in me to develop and execute plans and hold myself accountable, some more direction and feedback would be appreciated. I occassionally feel under-utilized in my role.

Advice to Management

Regularly schedule meetings between all employees with their supervisors would be beneficial to ensure accountability, feedback and understanding of work activitires and growth potential.

2. "Good place to get your year of acute experience but nothing more"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting pt population, some coworkers are great.

Cons

No leadership, punitive, reactionary management . Doctors extremely disrespectful to nursing staff.

Advice to Management

More presence on the floors.