Kindred Healthcare - rewarding experience | Glassdoor

"rewarding experience"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Westminster, CA
Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Westminster, CA

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very fast paced never a dull moment.

Cons

Challenging can be stressful at times.

Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Integrity filled employees however, the admin is a MESS! We work 70hr/wk instead of the 40/hr salary we were hired for!"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

centrally located, diverse staff, competitive salary, free parking, awesome case management team that works really well together and with the patients and their families. Intrinsically motivated employees. Young staff with positive attitudes.

Cons

Older administration. Lack of leadership. Lack of support. Financially unstable.

Advice to Management

Teach lower management how to manage their case management team so when they get slammed and are over worked, working 12 hour days despite the fact that they have young family's to return home to, they feel supported. Provide more support for case mgmt. team. We are a sinking ship at the Lakeshore location. The staff's integrity is there & they really are intrinsically motivated but the support is lacking in the biggest way- which in turn makes the employees consider seeking employment elsewhere despite a competitive salary, convenient location and such. Listen when the staff asks for help. Don't just gloss over their request for help. DCM is daily belittling case mgr's and the moral is so low its being noticed by other disciplines and its not right. The DCM leaves at 330pm daily while her Case mgrs leave no earlier than a 9 hour work day but averaging a 12hour work day and still not everything that is requested is done. We ask for help. We don't get it. I'm not going to work where I am not supported. I give 200% because that is who I am. However, we get these belittling emails daily: "I need this by 3pm" "why wasn't this done" first thing in the morning. We have a passive aggressive, snarkey dcm and its really very unfortunate. If all 3 of us left, the ship would sink fast. A little appreciation and support would go a long way!!!!! Pull up the job listing for Kindred North and compare it to Kindred Lakeshore and what is going on currently-its the complete opposite of the unfortunate reality of what exists currently. In the job posting it says something to the effect, "Want to work for a company who values you?" Well, yes that'd be lovely. Do I feel at all valued? NO. It also reads, "Want to be challenged but not overwhelmed?" Do you know weekly one of us is in the other case mgrs office crying on a weekly basis? We are begging for help and getting the tiniest morsel of help. Noone wants to talk about the Interqual reviews or the EQ reviews but those alone could be a job onto themselves for as long as they take with interruptions to get them done. Then there's the 4 page layout of a case managers job that the district mgr drew up. Its unbelievable. The other Kindreds are successful. The difference? Our DCM is not supporting us in any way shape or form. We feel belittled and are sinking fast. Had a mtg with the CEO today. She heard wwhat she wanted to but didn't address our biggest concern: Interquals and EQ's and how we can get help with them so they aren't late and the hospital can get reimbursed. Instead we are stuck in family care conferences, IDT Mtgs, SNF liaison's.....I could go on for days. We were graded on something for 4 months prior to ANY training on it (Interquals)...inappropriate and unfair. There are so many things wrong right now, I know my peer is probably still there tonight, working since 8am and its now 946pm. Its wrong. We are being exploited! I truly believe this.Because I was hired when they were short staffed, my "orientation" suffered. So I worked and learned along the way and they threw at me generic forms of orientation ie 1 hour at another location doing something totally different than learning my job. It was one of thee most unorganized orientations ive ever experienced and was even "graded" while still on orientation. The micromanaging from detailed unnecessary paperwork to negative and uninspiring emails just is ruing staff morale. We are all so behind and no one is really offering any sustainable help .A job opening at another Kindred location popped up and we all applied for the job -the entire case mgmt. team. Doesn't that tell you anything?

2. "challenging environment to work in"

Former Employee - Nurse Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Nurse Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

learned life long lessons in leadership and management the

Cons

Poor staffing ratios, no shared governance model, high nurse turnover, little rewards for good work, infrequent leadership rounding