Kindred Healthcare - Long term acute care | Glassdoor

"Long term acute care"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Beaver, PA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Beaver, PA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy seeing the progression of the patient who presents with acute and chronic illnesses. Hopefully they will move onward to rehab or home with discharge. It is nice to see continuity of care. This type of population tends to experience multiple health problems and I utilize my nursing skills daily. It is easier to note changes with long term acute care patients with same patient assignment.

Cons

Difficult to help some families to adjust to chronic illness and terminal diagnoses. No one wants to go to long term acute care, they wanted to go home. Management not very supportive to staff at current facility where I work.

Advice to Management

Management needs to follow better, safer patient care standards. I do not feel like the current management at the particular facility where I work is looking out for either my or the patient's best interest. It feels like they are only looking out for their bonus or status in the corporation. On the other hand, another Kindred I worked at the management team worked side by side with staff and were very hands on with patient involvement. I truly enjoyed working at the latter..

Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

1. "One of the most difficult, physically demanding job I've ever had."

Former Employee - RN (Registered Nurse ASN) in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - RN (Registered Nurse ASN) in Pasadena, TX

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some great, strong nurses that have graced the doors of Kindred.

Cons

There is no administrative support to the direct patient care staff. Most staff are so overwhelmed with the assignments that there is rarely any support among the team. The nursing ratio is too high for the acuity level of the patients.

Advice to Management

Decrease the nurse to patient ratio. Increase the salaries and bonuses to the direct patient staff.

"FT status PT employment"

Current Employee - CNA in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - CNA in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay location majority of co workers are team players job its self is educational learning a lot of things you dont learn in long term care

Cons

full time employee (32 hours per week) but only working pt hours(24 hrs/week if that, some times it less), still paying insurance as a full time employee but not getting my full hours and have not been for 6 months, yet they hire new staff instead of offering the hours to the full time staff in place!

Advice to Management

stop hiring staff when you cant even give full time employees their hours and if you aren't going to do that, then reclassify us to pt employees and pay us the pt rate