Kindred Healthcare - Always short staffed. | Glassdoor

"Always short staffed."

Former Employee - CNA in Denver, CO
Former Employee - CNA in Denver, CO

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of my supervising nurses deeply cared about the CNA's and the patients they cared for. Most of the other CNA's took personal pride in the care they provided,and created very team oriented atmosphere.

Cons

Corporate didn't seem interested in quality patient care, or rewarding the employees that continuously provided it. We were always under staffed, but were expected to complete all the tasks expected from a full staff.

Advice to Management

Bring back temp staffing, even if just once a week, so nursing can keep up with non-resident related tasks. Instead of pocketing the expense saved from hiring a full staff, use the money towards bonuses for those that are doing the extra work.

Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Company doesn't care about employees and/or patients...only $$$$"

Pros

cant really think of any

Cons

too many to list

essentially, upper mgt does not know what is truly happening on the front lines... dept mgr is a joke!!! Laziest individual I have ever worked for and has managed to stay off radar despite what is considered my most clinicians in dept as an unethical, lazy and uncaring individual about the staff and/or patients.

Advice to Management

Remove this from your recruiting job descriptions: 100% lie

IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.

You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.

"Rehabcare/Kindred"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent facility, flexable hours but not sure that is a pro really flexable sometimes means not many hours. Time off if you can accrue it

Cons

No raises, horrible insurance, poor regional management. While clinical staff in the field struggle with the horrible billing system there is very little training to help with the transition.

Advice to Management

Upper managment really needs to pay more attention to what the regional levels are doing. Comprimising staff training, cutting cost that not only infuriate employees but actually hinder us from being more productive. I actually do not think that it is the mission of Kindred I DO think it is greed from lower level managers.