Kindred Healthcare - I was glad to leave because my "lead" made my life miserable and no one was willing to assist me in any way. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"I was glad to leave because my "lead" made my life miserable and no one was willing to assist me in any way."

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

For the most part, a very rewarding place to work.

Cons

"leads" are encouraged to take advantage of any staff beneath them by taking credit for their accomplishments

Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Company doesn't care about employees and/or patients...only $$$$"

Pros

cant really think of any

Cons

too many to list

essentially, upper mgt does not know what is truly happening on the front lines... dept mgr is a joke!!! Laziest individual I have ever worked for and has managed to stay off radar despite what is considered my most clinicians in dept as an unethical, lazy and uncaring individual about the staff and/or patients.

Advice to Management

Remove this from your recruiting job descriptions: 100% lie

IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.

You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.

"Not a big fan of Kindred's orientation process."

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HR procedure was pretty straight forward and took about 2 weeks.

Cons

Company needs to be more truthful when providing info about current nurse/pt ratio. Staffing in the vent-managed unit can be up to 1:5 NOT 1:4 that was reported when asked. Orientation process was backward. I was thrown out on the floor w/o access to policies/procedures that I would have had an opportunity to review during hospital orientation.

Advice to Management

"Putting the cart before the horse", so to speak NEVER works. Take the time to invest in your employees the right way, the first time. That is the way an organized successful company does things, and will reap the benefits of satisfied,productive employees.