Kindred Healthcare - Not the best company I've worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Not the best company I've worked for."

Current Employee - Director in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Director in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People, resources, environment. The people I work with are great. Kindred provides the resources to get things done. The working environment is great, co-workers are genuinely concerned for patients and fellow co-workers.

Cons

Unkept promises, high turnover, sub-par benefits. Executive management constantly lie to employees about future plans to keep them from leaving. Constant cuts to workforce and benefits make it difficult to focus on job.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises, get back to.caring about your people.

Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

1. "It's OK"

Pros

Small Hospital makes it easy to get to know people

Cons

Poor benefits, no real way to advance, constant worry about high turn over, patient care is nearly sub par, and too much emphasis on profits over employees

Advice to Management

Give more to the employees. Work for them so they can work for you. Benefits that at least match nearby hospitals would be a decent start. But strive for more than just what is "comparable". Make it a place where people want to work because it's a great place to work, not because it's a job.

"Disgusting Managment"

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist Assistant in Humble, TX
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist Assistant in Humble, TX

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the location and the facility itself. I enjoyed working with my patients and most of my co-workers.

Cons

The Administration was horrible. Favoritism, Harassment, Retailation, and Discrimination are all tactics used against you when you complain about the unethical things going on at the facility. It felt like High School with the Clicks and everybody talking about each other behind their backs. No teamwork and no respect for employees. Hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Sensitivity training, effective workplace communication, and Respect for all employees need to be taught. Solve problems when they are first presented and hear all sides of any complaints before reacting. Stop encouraging employees to micromanage each other because it creates a negative hostile environment. Be fair to all employees not just favorites and suck ups.