Kindred Healthcare - Not the best company I've worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Not the best company I've worked for."

Current Employee - Director in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Director in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People, resources, environment. The people I work with are great. Kindred provides the resources to get things done. The working environment is great, co-workers are genuinely concerned for patients and fellow co-workers.

Cons

Unkept promises, high turnover, sub-par benefits. Executive management constantly lie to employees about future plans to keep them from leaving. Constant cuts to workforce and benefits make it difficult to focus on job.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises, get back to.caring about your people.

Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

"Disgusting Managment"

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist Assistant in Humble, TX
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist Assistant in Humble, TX

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the location and the facility itself. I enjoyed working with my patients and most of my co-workers.

Cons

The Administration was horrible. Favoritism, Harassment, Retailation, and Discrimination are all tactics used against you when you complain about the unethical things going on at the facility. It felt like High School with the Clicks and everybody talking about each other behind their backs. No teamwork and no respect for employees. Hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Sensitivity training, effective workplace communication, and Respect for all employees need to be taught. Solve problems when they are first presented and hear all sides of any complaints before reacting. Stop encouraging employees to micromanage each other because it creates a negative hostile environment. Be fair to all employees not just favorites and suck ups.

"Their moto "Continue the care" doesn't exist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

I like the facility. Some of the staff are awesome. The patients are great, they make the job worth the politics.

Cons

Negative upper level staff, condescending attitudes. Parking is bad. The social workers have more on their plate than they can handle, which leaves most to all patients unsatisfied and the social workers stressed (ALL THE TIME)

Advice to Management

Smile? Like your job or don't go to work. Be respectful of your colleagues, the ones that do the hardest work, everyday, are just as stressed as you- in fact more so with you breathing down their necks- but hey, at least you get to go home and sit on your fat 6 figure salary at night.