Cover image for Kindred Hospitals

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Absolutely Awful

Nov 13, 2022 - Registered Nurse in La Mirada, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some good people there

Cons

Horrible working environments. Short staffed in all departments because they pay bottom of the barrel wages, while the C-suite drives Porches and Mercedes. A CNA can make more at a fast food place or Walmart compared to here- this is a Fact. They get what they pay for, which is mostly substandard staff giving their laziest performance. All the bad reviews on other platforms are true. Negligent nursing and physician staff, you wouldn’t ever want your loved ones in any Kindred ‘hospital’ which is more of a glorified nursing home. It’s a matter of time before these places close. Management flat out lies to any auditor, from Public Health Department to Joint Commission. It’s unbelievable, I read the bad reviews when I started working there, and if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes I don’t think I would be able to comprehend the level to which they lie to cover up poor care. The nurses don’t change central line dressings on time, which leads to blood infections. This is the tip of the iceberg of the horrors that the patients experience at Kindred facilities. Sheer negligence.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Family Oriented

Jan 4, 2023 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Arlington, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved working there! So sad I moved and couldn’t work there anymore because it was a far commute. It’s like a family. Staff is great and the admin is pretty good, too.

Cons

The patient load is heavy, but that’s because of the parent company

Kindred Hospitals Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Matt T.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

We make miracles happen

Jan 1, 2023 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent RT Team, The Rehab Team goes above and beyond. Kindred North makes miracles happen. I remember a RT patient that we had. The family was told that their son had no chance of surviving. The patient came to us for hospice. There was much sadness and grief. We would not give up. About 3 months later, this patient was discharged home. He walked out of the hospital all on his own.

Cons

The building is old. The hospital is in serious need of repairs and furniture. We had to put strings on nightstands. Very embarrassing. The new CEO needs to treat staff respectfully. She is the reason that staff left.

Continue reading

Kindred Hospitals Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Matt T.

Discover more reviews about Kindred Hospitals.

Kindred Hospitals Careers

Cover image for Kindred Hospitals

At Kindred, we are passionate about delivering outstanding patient care and developing great partnerships with our clients. Our team...More

• Inclusion & Equity