Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Phenomenal culture + impressive team.

Jun 12, 2018 - Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kinesis got everything that's important about work right. There's enormous investment in the team and culture, and enthusiasm for doing outstanding work for right-fit clients. We have solid processes, and we're always open to evolving them. It's the one place where I found everyone, including leadership, geek out about what actually makes work better and putting it into action. If you're reading about Kinesis and thinking it might be too good to be true, I want you to know that you're probably seeing an accurate representation. It really is an awesome company to be part of.

Cons

I have not found any.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

A+ Employee Appreciation & Culture

Jun 6, 2018 - Human Resources Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with Kinesis as a HR Consultant on several projects over the past few years, ranging from recruiting to HR systems. With over 11 years of experience at many different organizations, Kinesis is leaps and bounds one of the best companies I've worked with. What stands out most is Kinesis' commitment to employee appreciation. Support, professional growth, and celebration is baked into their culture, from regular team building and volunteer events, to trips, employee “superpower” trophies, and team conferences. Kinesis has many employees with over 5 years of tenure with the company, which is indicative of its ability to recruit, retain, and develop skilled and happy employees. (Even as an external consultant, I felt like a member of the Kinesis family, due to their great ability to convey sincere appreciation for hard work). In addition to having a strong culture, Kinesis is excellent at developing its employees and paving career paths for growth. This can be difficult to accomplish successfully in smaller companies, but Kinesis does a great job at envisioning how new hires and employees fit into their larger growth strategy, building upon their strengths, and, encouraging risk taking. Good work Kinesis – I’m excited to follow your successes!

Cons

Kinesis is a small company, which means that evolution and change are constants. This can be refreshing and stimulating to some, but may not be the best fit for people who are looking for a more traditional corporate hierarchy.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Culture is everything.

Feb 25, 2016 - Strategist in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Does beer in the fridge count? :) No two clients, projects, or workdays are alike. In one week we launched a website for one company and renamed another, all while helping a third with internal culture initiatives like writing job descriptions and building out a career center. The Kinesis model means that marketing extends to every corner of our clients' businesses - which makes the type of work we undertake diverse, challenging, and fun. More importantly, though, the Kinesis work environment is one of my favorites I've ever been a part of. I can't think of one colleague I wouldn't love to hang out with outside of work - the co-founders Shawn & Wendy have done a great job of filling our team with passionate, goofy people who work hard and love what they do. Teambuilding activities have included skydiving and whitewater river rafting, just to name a few.

Cons

At a growing company, you have to be intimately comfortable with change. Not necessarily a con for me (I love it!), but if you find comfort in structure and predictability, this probably isn't the job for you. Moreover - and this should go without saying - this isn't easy work. I'm constantly challenged to think bigger, go further, and adapt to our clients' changing needs. Definitely not for the faint of heart, or those looking to kick back with an easy workday.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Kinesis Response

CEO

Fantastic overview and perspective - thanks for the great advice on hiring, too. Living to values takes work, but we're all-in here. I'm lucky to have you on the team!

Discover more reviews about Kinesis.