King Soopers - Produce Clerk | Glassdoor

"Produce Clerk"

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

If I was forced to say anything positive, I would say at least we make some money? Not enough to pay rent, but at least you get something.

Cons

Oh boy, where to begin. Now let me start off by saying if you're not extremely extroverted, that already will be a hindrance to any job in King Soopers. I can't speak for other non Kroger grocery stores, but I feel they would be the same way. What I mean is while struggling to do the primary task of stocking produce, you are also expected to interact with every single customer that comes your way. I understand the...

Advice to Management

If you have employees that are struggling to keep up, find out why. Give them more training, schedule them to work closer to more experienced employees, just help them out. Yelling at them daily and telling them they are doing terrible is not gonna encourage them to be better.

King Soopers2017-02-05
  1. "Company has been good to me over the years"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Works great with school schedule. First job in high school and there is a lot of opportunities to grow if you plan on staying with the company. I know many people who make it a career.

Cons

It’s a retail grocery store so hours can be late nights and weekends.

Advice to Management

Have good relationsships with all employees.

King Soopers2019-04-20
  2. "Kroger is amazing, King Soopers managers are okay."

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk/Bagger in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Every few months there's usually an Associate's week, where you can dress up for themed days, and the company brings in food for you (to eat on your break). Kroger also has a bunch of great programs. They even have a leave of absence plan for those looking to go to school.

Cons

Management is not very understanding to high school students. For me, while I was in high school, I usually had about 18 hours a week. I asked for less, but never got less.

Advice to Management

There's an old saying: its easier to catch flies with honey rather then vinegar. This is true with keeping, and attracting employees. If I felt like my boss respected me, it would be a lot easier to work for him/her.

King Soopers2019-07-10

Discover more reviews about King Soopers.