King Soopers - Good Start up job ONLY | Glassdoor
  1. "Good Start up job ONLY"

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get 2 weeks worth of schedules so you can plan a "life". If this is your first job you can really make a career of it because you don't have to get 2-3 jobs just to live.

Cons

They will schedule you the bare minimum and then make you work more so having a life is not an option. Don't expect a lot of hours because if it's not a busy store or you are bottom seniority you will get 20-24. I had to practically beg them to give me the proper equipment just to do my job. You are supposed to get 2 shirts and they only gave me 1. Also they say they give you hours for similar work over the past 10...

Advice to Management

Don't have the secretary work 2 stores and don't have just a sink or swim mentality with the new hires.

King Soopers2017-08-24
  1. "Company has been good to me over the years"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Works great with school schedule. First job in high school and there is a lot of opportunities to grow if you plan on staying with the company. I know many people who make it a career.

Cons

It’s a retail grocery store so hours can be late nights and weekends.

Advice to Management

Have good relationsships with all employees.

King Soopers2019-04-20
  2. "Kroger is amazing, King Soopers managers are okay."

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk/Bagger in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Every few months there's usually an Associate's week, where you can dress up for themed days, and the company brings in food for you (to eat on your break). Kroger also has a bunch of great programs. They even have a leave of absence plan for those looking to go to school.

Cons

Management is not very understanding to high school students. For me, while I was in high school, I usually had about 18 hours a week. I asked for less, but never got less.

Advice to Management

There's an old saying: its easier to catch flies with honey rather then vinegar. This is true with keeping, and attracting employees. If I felt like my boss respected me, it would be a lot easier to work for him/her.

King Soopers2019-07-10

Discover more reviews about King Soopers.