King Soopers - Overall good, but stressful for hourly job. | Glassdoor

"Overall good, but stressful for hourly job."

Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Northglenn, CO

I have been working at King Soopers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get 40 hours no problem, high hourly pay, days usually go by quick, lots of opportunities to change depts, and advance throughout company.

Cons

Unfriendly coworkers, no benefits until a year with the company, high demands and wants from upper management, no down time during shift AT ALL, even on break/lunch.

Advice to Management

Go easy on us it's just groceries! Not every little thing needs to be done every single day. Release more hours for more help(corporates doing)

King Soopers2018-05-11
  1. "Happy"

Current Employee - Assistant Meat Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at King Soopers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel welcomed by all my colleagues. It's another family to me. It to me is a fun and funny place to be apart of.

Cons

Not everyone is always on the same page.

Advice to Management

Listen more and advocate more, some of us have many ideas that will help us grow and be MORE.

King Soopers2018-04-25
  2. "Kroger is amazing, King Soopers managers are okay."

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk/Bagger in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Every few months there's usually an Associate's week, where you can dress up for themed days, and the company brings in food for you (to eat on your break). Kroger also has a bunch of great programs. They even have a leave of absence plan for those looking to go to school.

Cons

Management is not very understanding to high school students. For me, while I was in high school, I usually had about 18 hours a week. I asked for less, but never got less.

Advice to Management

There's an old saying: its easier to catch flies with honey rather then vinegar. This is true with keeping, and attracting employees. If I felt like my boss respected me, it would be a lot easier to work for him/her.

King Soopers2019-07-10

Discover more reviews about King Soopers.