King Soopers - If you need money, it's a job. But not a great one. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for King Soopers

"If you need money, it's a job. But not a great one."

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Gunnison, CO
Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Gunnison, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They can have good incentive for students, or at least they used to. They are flexible with student schedules (to an extent). Rate of pay in Deli is a dollar more than anywhere else in store for starters.

Cons

It will own your life. You will be treated as a pawn, and will receive no recognition for work well done. This used to be an incredible company, but is quickly becoming a horrible place to work. If you need money, you will easily get hired with any amount or lack of qualification, but the same seems to apply to management. The young managers can be a real pain due to lack of experience and professionalism. But, there are worse jobs; just keep the clerk status if you want to keep your job, dept management positions are getting terminated for stupid little mistakes all over the place.

Other Employee Reviews for King Soopers

1. "Grocery Store"

Former Employee - APC- All Purpose Clerk in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - APC- All Purpose Clerk in Lakewood, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work enviroment and a diverse group of people to work with.

Cons

Sometimes I felt that the union wasnt really there for me which was annoyng because my dues were paid every week.

"Advancement based on gender and ethnicity rather than experience and qualifications"

Former Employee - General Merchandise Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - General Merchandise Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, decent pay, good benefits, and decent low-end job availability.

Cons

King Soopers is a great place to work a job, but it is not a place to plan on establishing a career. I am a female, and therefore I am qualified to be in management. I still keep in touch with several current employees and this trend is worse than ever. Not only are more qualified, more experienced White, men passed up for job to "prove" diversity, the female managers have zero accountability in upper management.

Employees work most weekends and holidays throughout the year.

Advice to Management

I am a female and left the company because of the lack of integrity in the company values. I was asked to go to an assistant store manager interview when I had only been a department manager for three months. People want to feel valued and rewarded for their efforts, not simply given opportunities to meet quotas, which are illegal.