King Soopers - Advancement based on gender and ethnicity rather than experience and qualifications | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for King Soopers

"Advancement based on gender and ethnicity rather than experience and qualifications"

Former Employee - General Merchandise Manager in Fort Collins, CO
Former Employee - General Merchandise Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, decent pay, good benefits, and decent low-end job availability.

Cons

King Soopers is a great place to work a job, but it is not a place to plan on establishing a career. I am a female, and therefore I am qualified to be in management. I still keep in touch with several current employees and this trend is worse than ever. Not only are more qualified, more experienced White, men passed up for job to "prove" diversity, the female managers have zero accountability in upper management.

Employees work most weekends and holidays throughout the year.

Advice to Management

I am a female and left the company because of the lack of integrity in the company values. I was asked to go to an assistant store manager interview when I had only been a department manager for three months. People want to feel valued and rewarded for their efforts, not simply given opportunities to meet quotas, which are illegal.

Other Employee Reviews for King Soopers

1. "Grocery Store"

Former Employee - APC- All Purpose Clerk in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - APC- All Purpose Clerk in Lakewood, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work enviroment and a diverse group of people to work with.

Cons

Sometimes I felt that the union wasnt really there for me which was annoyng because my dues were paid every week.

2. "Okay for a starter job but not what I want for a career"

Current Employee - Customer Service Clerk in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Clerk in Denver, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Union can be a big help and the health insurance is relatively cheap. My coworkers are great. Being paid weekly is nice.

Cons

Hours are based on seniority, so starting out can be hard on the wallet. They don't always pay attention to your needs.Raises are based on hours not performance. Promotions are based on who put their paperwork in first rather than who would make a better manager.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your employees and customers suggest in terms of improvement. Treat everyone like people who work hard for your rather than simply another number. And when people don't want to work, don't let them slide.