King Soopers - Bakery Clerk | Glassdoor

"Bakery Clerk"

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Denver, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great job! You will get to learn all aspects of the bakery such as packaging, icing donuts (yum), and most of all sampling the product (best part!).

Cons

Some of the cons are that the pay might be lower than usual, but I myself am okay with the pay. Other cons are the shift times. IF you don't like late shifts like 12:30-9 or really early shifts like 4-12:30am then it is not for you.

Advice to Management

Management is great.

Other Employee Reviews for King Soopers

1. "produce"

Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Denver, CO

I have been working at King Soopers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k, insurance, full time job, benefits

Cons

night shift, management, stand up all day.

"What a ride"

Former Employee - Front End Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Front End Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, they are really, really good. Pretty much too good. The people you work with are a grab bag, but I made some lifelong connections here. There is upward mobility in the company for interested and qualified individuals. There used to be some decent perks, but they have been taken away.

Cons

Horrible hours, unrealistic expectaions. Every location I worked at is understaffed. The company is always trying to save money, and they do not staff their stores to make them comfortable for employees to handle the workload. There is simply never enough time to do everything. Upper management has no earthly idea what their employees go through on a daily basis, and it seems like they do not care either. Long term employees are surly, lazy and fight managment at every turn for no reason other than to fight them. I am ashamed at having done some of the things to employees that I did at the behest of upper management. It is really all about making shareholders more money; they say "customer first", but actually mean, "shareholders first". If you like working long hours with no tangible recognition to make already wealthy people even more money, then work for Kroger.

Advice to Management

Burn the whole thing down and start over. Stop wasting money on unproven systems that trump the human element(QueVision). You have good people, so stop overlooking them. You really are overthinking the grocery business. Stop being wasteful in some areas (the deli, throwing away THAT much chicken is a problem) and too frugal in others. I will never even shop in your stores if I can help it.