Kingsborough Community College - Great Campus and People, Horrible Pay | Glassdoor
  1. "Great Campus and People, Horrible Pay"

Current Employee - Adjunct Assistant Professor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Kingsborough Community College part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The campus is absolutely lovely since it is located by the ocean. Most of the people who work in the offices are friendly and helpful (with some exceptions).

Cons

As at all CUNY schools, the pay for adjuncts is abysmal and raises happen very rarely since it takes forever for a new contract to be negotiated. Also, the HR department is a bit of a mess. If you do any extra work (fill in for another lecturer, etc) expect it to take months to be paid.

Kingsborough Community College2017-05-21

Other Employee Reviews

1. "It was nice while it lasted."

Former Employee - College Assistant

I worked at Kingsborough Community College part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The amount of work experience i Gained working there is what helped me get my dream job. ive met so much people working there and made so much friends

Cons

A dead end job no raises or chance to advance.

Advice to Management

Treat your hard working employees with respect.

Kingsborough Community College2019-10-04
  2. "College Assistant (Tutorial Services)"

Current Employee - Tutor

I have been working at Kingsborough Community College part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Time. You can make a schedule that fits you. And low entry requirements.

Cons

If the session is unbooked, you don't get paid. So, sometimes if you have sessions unbooked in between other booked sessions, you need to stay there and no get paid.

Kingsborough Community College2019-11-16

Discover more reviews about Kingsborough Community College.