Kinkisharyo International - Great learning opportunities, but no room to advance. | Glassdoor

"Great learning opportunities, but no room to advance."

I have been working at Kinkisharyo International

Pros

Learn new things and ok pay for starting. HR is understanding. Early start times

Cons

The management in paint department kinda sucks. If you have an issue with something management is doing. Good luck getting it resolved without going through Human Resources. If you don’t like something your lead says or has you do, you get the “If you don’t like it, we can find someone who will. Everyone is replaceable.” Occasionally get asked to stay overtime without the proper notice stated in the union contract... and if you can’t, you are not considered a team player and will be threatened with being moved to sandblasting work which is more labor intensive. Some leads think they are invincible to the rules, which is understandable due to the amount of cases built against them through the HR department that haven’t been pursued. Some leads will be on Facebook on their phone all day and if you check the time your threaded with a write up. The amount of work that is expected out of one person is a two person job and you can never seem to do it fast enough. Pay does not match the work conditions or expected performance. No hazards pay. Example, forced to work in the paint booth with the temperature reading 120 degrees at times and no climate control.

Advice to Management

Remember the “Golden Rule”. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Maybe work on fair pay with the union. Hold leads accountable.

Kinkisharyo International2018-07-27

Other Employee Reviews

"A great opportunity"

Current Employee - Welding QA Foreman in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Kinkisharyo International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was able to earn international experience in the welding trade while working in Osaka Japan. Additionally, I was trained and achieved certifications for non destructive testing PT II, MT II, UT II & AWS CAWI.

Cons

Too long of a gap between LA Metro contracts (5 years).

Advice to Management

With the next contract we need to compensate the skilled trades accordingly. We have had trouble retaining Welders and skilled painters because these are skilled trades that universally transferable.

Kinkisharyo International2019-06-07
  2. "Good job"

Former Employee - Welder

I worked at Kinkisharyo International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn a lot of skills

Cons

Couldn’t get more contracts sooner

Kinkisharyo International2019-08-24

Discover more reviews about Kinkisharyo International.