Kinnser Software - The people make the difference | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kinnser Software

"The people make the difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's great working for an organization that has unified goals. It's a challenging and rewarding atmosphere. I go home each day knowing that my work makes a difference. The culture is great, you get to enjoy the perks of a startup environment while knowing that we are building a solid product.

Cons

I can't think of any at the time.

Advice to Management

Continue to put your employees first. This is the best part of this company.

Other Employee Reviews for Kinnser Software

"Great company in Austin Texas"

Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, great co-workers, fun work environment, rewarding work, appreciative customer base,

Cons

expensive healthcare, technologies and processes in place are not cutting edge: Coldfusion, non MVC, non object oriented, not using XP

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep moving in the right direction: incorporating better and more main-stream technologies and processes

"Glad I got out when I did. The writing was on the wall years ago."

Pros

Nice office, fun and smart people, great overall objective.

Cons

Office cliques dictate personal success, shortsighted management more interested in punitive actions than team-building, ageism and personal affiliation override fair and honest decision-making. Company departments are split into the haves and have-nots, so some are given great benefits and leisure time with coworkers while others are worked like slaves and receive very little of the social benefits (lunches, off-campus employee events, etc) that other departments enjoy. Young managers far too inexperienced to effectively manage large numbers of staff without melting down. Older employees often treated with disdain and not offered equal opportunity for growth while friends of friends quickly shoot up through the ranks. Company sold out to venture capital and the deterioration of work conditions was quick to follow. A business story repeated a million times yet the outcome always remains the same.

Advice to Management

If you're going to put perspective employees through giant feats in order to be hired, then work harder to retain them. Do what you have to do in order to treat ALL your employees fairly - not just the hip and fun A-listers.