Kirkland & Ellis - I've had a very positive experience at Kirkland & Ellis. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kirkland & Ellis

"I've had a very positive experience at Kirkland & Ellis."

Current Employee - Project Assistant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Project Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kirkland & Ellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary; generous healthcare benefits; efficiently run; ability to work overtime; nice office building; free in-building gym.

Cons

Given the focus on billable hours, work-life balance can suffer; on the administration side, doesn't always seem to function as a meritocracy.

Other Employee Reviews for Kirkland & Ellis

"Getting better"

Current Employee - Practice Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Practice Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Kirkland & Ellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reviewed raise and bonus for 2012 (nothing in 2011). Free breakfast (fruits, bagel, cereal), tea and coffee. Free car service and food when working overtime.

Starts with 15 days vacation. Early closing (2 hours) before holidays.

Cons

Company advertised position for one amount but cut the amount down 7k when the job offer was made. Their reasoning was I was making a much lower salary (I was laid off and had to take a job which was 25% less to pay the bills) and therefore they cannot offer me a big salary jump (even though I qualify for the job and deserves the full compensation.

No room for growth.

It's who you know and not what you know that matters.

Lawyers can be impersonal and cheap (one person I am working for did not give me anything for the holidays in the past 2 years).

2. "Interviewee"

Pros

Not sure if I know of any

Cons

The interviewer asked me questions that were so theoretical. It seemed like I was back in school taking my exam. Not a single question about my experience and how I dealt with specific situations. but asking me what is life cycle of BA. Common! Give me some credit for being a Sr. BA for almost 10 yrs.