Kirkland & Ellis - Great experience working with a friendly, close-knit team! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kirkland & Ellis

"Great experience working with a friendly, close-knit team!"

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Legal Secretary in London, England (UK)

I worked at Kirkland & Ellis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lovely offices, sociable, friendly colleagues

Cons

Not many. I've forgotten any Cons there might have been

Other Employee Reviews for Kirkland & Ellis

1. "Neither here nor there."

I have been working at Kirkland & Ellis full-time

Pros

Kirkland provides great benefits (full medical/dental/etc, disability, life, etc. etc., plus dinner and a cab home if you stay late) and interesting and challenging work. It's close to the CTA.

Cons

The atmosphere is very formal and tough to break into if you're not used to that. The area where I sit is really quiet - people aren't very social.

Advice to Management

Can we have casual days more often?

"Good luck!"

Current Employee - IT Staff
    Current Employee - IT Staff

I have been working at Kirkland & Ellis full-time

Pros

Some talented people in the IT group. Relatively lax telecommuting policy for exempts.

Cons

A terrible place to work if you are a talented IT person.

Many changes over the past two years.

Deficient benefits package that continues to be down-graded. Bad bonuses.

Most IT projects are wrought with failures and shortcomings because of understaffing.

Constant cuts in benefits, training and staffing.

When a new IT solution is needed, we are expected to find a 'free' solution on the internet before we recommend a purchase. Hundreds of hours are wasted and inadequate solutions are the standard, while successful solutions are the exception.

IT security is terrible. The place is vulnerable to hacking and phishing, not because there is no security team. In fact, the security team is over-staffed. More time is spent figuring out ways to monitor staff work and internet activity, than securing systems and client data.

Policy is written and re-written to satisfy the desire for new gadgets with little or no benefit to the business. Changes to these policies are rarely communicated in a timely fashion, leading to frustration for users and support staff alike.

The desktop is so badly designed that start-up times exceed five minutes. When the desktop is loaded, applications also take an inordinate amount of tie to load. Instead of solving the problems, the CIO and his Directors have recommended that best practice it to never restart your PC!

The desktop is wide open. Users can install any software they choose, and download any programs from the internet.

It's generally a terrible place to work.

Advice to Management

If you keep going like this, with cuts and cuts and cuts only to increase short-term partner share, you are going to be the next Dewey & LeBeouf.