Kitsap Credit Union - Absolutely the BEST place I have worked in my 35 year career! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kitsap Credit Union

"Absolutely the BEST place I have worked in my 35 year career!"

Pros

Open door communication, we always know what is happeing, what changes are going to be, and how they will affect us, both as a credit union and as employees. Training is superb, well planned, executed, and timely. Salaries and benefits are above the market in this area, and particularly for credit unions in Washington State.

Cons

A little bit better integration between operational departments would help to make changes a little less difficult, but great attitudes and a real desire to help overcome most challenges.

Advice to Management

As our current theme suggests, "Keep Up the Good Work"! As soon as the economy permits, let's share what we have with the entire state of Washington - extend services beyond Kitsap County, new members in Pierce, Thurston, King, and Snohomish all could benefit from our service philosphy.

Other Employee Reviews for Kitsap Credit Union

"Loan Officer (Contact Center)"

Former Employee - Head Loan Officer in Port Orchard, WA
    Former Employee - Head Loan Officer in Port Orchard, WA

I worked at Kitsap Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

KCU hires friendly and hardworking individuals who are good people.
    Guaranteed Sunday off
    Good on the job training, KCU will give you the tools to succeed at your job

Cons

KCU has employee reviews and constantly tells you that you need to improve and you are not doing well enough.
    No Saturday rotation, I felt like I was working every Saturday.
    Pay was not competitive, employees left to work for other financial institutions

Advice to Management

Saturday rotation, positive reinforcement, relax on dress code (if not seen by customers casual should be acceptable)

2. "Terrible culture"

Former Employee - Member Service in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - Member Service in Bremerton, WA

I worked at Kitsap Credit Union full-time

Pros

Fair loan rates for consumers. Dealer finance is top notch in Kitsap county. Most of the branch employees try their very best to serve their clients.

Cons

Fear throughout the credit union. Senior management is not consistent especially the leadership of Branch operations. Very little room for honest, open communication. The company will sponsor events in the community but genuine passion for community involvement is not a focus. No incentive plan. No consistent recognition. Health benefits are not at all affordable for families.

Advice to Management

Act more like leaders and less like bosses. Spend more time with the front line staff. Value your people by listening to them verse forcing them to comply with fear.