Kitsap Mental Health Services - If you need a job in a pinch, go for it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kitsap Mental Health Services

"If you need a job in a pinch, go for it."

Current Employee - Operator in Bremerton, WA
Current Employee - Operator in Bremerton, WA

I have been working at Kitsap Mental Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A job that pays a smidge more than what is out there. 401k, medical/dental/vision. Has a care & laughter team that tries to get employees involved, yoga classes, massages (just to clarify, you pay for).

Cons

There is no set standards, you have each group/team that works independently. Schedule for this group, don't schedule for that group, don't look up appts for this other group. It is very unorganized. In the department that I am, it seems there are a lot of complainers. No one is ever content. This is the most unorganized place of employment that I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Make the company as a whole follow set guidelines.

Other Employee Reviews for Kitsap Mental Health Services

1. "Nice job if you just want to collect a paycheck and are not achievement oriented."

Current Employee - Information Services in Bremerton, WA
    Current Employee - Information Services in Bremerton, WA

I have been working at Kitsap Mental Health Services full-time

Pros

Good medical and dental benefits with low premium. Excellent PTO. Most people are great to work with, friendly, approachable. Management is flexible with scheduling and work/life balance. It's a very humane place to work, for the most part.

Cons

Pay is below market. There is little or no career path, and managers do not encourage career growth. There is no tangible reward for performance. It's a stagnant environment. Awards are given to mediocre or even inept employees, I believe to "encourage" them. Experience and expertise are not valued, but are seen as threatening to some managers.

Advice to Management

Reward achievers, link pay to performance, encourage career growth. Incompetent managers should be fired, not given awards.

2. "Therapist"

Pros

Hard working co-workers, innovative service delivery system (extensively integrated services really helped my clients), dedicated to the mission, fun atmosphere, beautiful location.

Cons

Mental health in WA State is underfunded and the legislature has refused to step up resulting in challenging financial times for all. I loved my work and my clients but my husband is in the military and he had a transfer otherwise I'd still be there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good fight. I know these are hard times and some staff don't get it but I got the straight scoop directly from you. Thanks for being accessible and listening.