Kixeye - Fun, interesting, not really what I was expecting | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye

"Fun, interesting, not really what I was expecting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is great. My team is great. My boss is great. Work comes in at a steady pace, I'm never required to stay longer than normal working hours. Unlimited PTO, company-wide bonus system to be enacted this year

Cons

I personally like the CEO but he rubs >80% of the company the wrong way. The game EPs are almost always in "sky is falling" mode. 25-35% of the company probably doesn't know what their main responsibilities are.

Advice to Management

Hire more senior staff who know what they're doing. Don't think that because you don't add new content in a game all its users are gonna flock away immediately. Take some time to fix more bugs to help retain players better.

Other Employee Reviews for Kixeye

"Making games that we like ourselves"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Makes awesome games with a low tolerance for office politics and BS. The games are original instead of imitations of things already done, and they don't sequel things to death or make "last year's hit only better". The focus is on getting things done and getting them done well, and they don't answer to any outside publishers' or investors' schedules.

Cons

Cons? There's cons to working at KIXEYE? About the only con of working at KIXEYE is that nobody spells KIXEYE with all caps like they're supposed to! :P

Advice to Management

Don't forget what got you here. Keep making games that are awesome, keep doing things your own way and out-executing everyone in the business.

"Hard work. Rewarding"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people
    Good games
    Great office
    Perks: free food, gym, "unlimited" vacation

This is only my second job since graduating from college, but I certainly like it a lot more than my last. I'd say the culture is kind of made for me - pretty much everyone shares my sense of humor, which is weird. The games that they were already making brought me here, but the game I'm working on is making me stay. I can see myself here for a really long time.

Cons

Long hours
    Can be aggressive at times
    A lot of new faces

I've heard a few co-workers talk about a "culture of fear". I'm slightly on the fence about it because I think there should be a bit of fear around missing dates and schedules. Honestly, I think the people that complain about that want a safer work environment and are better suited to a larger, slower moving company or maybe a position that isn't as critical to product delivery.

Advice to Management

Add more positive reinforcement. Celebrate victories. Put more game genres in the pipeline.