Kixeye - Work hard, get sh!t done, not for the lazy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye

"Work hard, get sh!t done, not for the lazy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every company has good and bad. I believe that to be happy here, you need to be committed to being excellent. I personally like working with people who are like this, and I thrive in this atmosphere. The people are cool, but driven. The free gourmet lunch twice a week, stocked kitchen are cool perks. Plus a take-what-you-need vacation policy is nice.

Cons

I don't love the office layout, as it can be hard to concentrate. But I just find an open office.

Advice to Management

Keep asking us how to improve and then follow through, like you've been doing. It great to know you are listening.

Other Employee Reviews for Kixeye

"Perform, Excel, Collaborate, and Impress"

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- KIXEYE demands good work, innovative problem solving, and a thick skin. Despite this, there are more than enough amazingly kind people at this company both above and below you to be your advocate.
    - Goals and objectives are set by the company, but there's a ton of wiggle room to carve out your own path each quarter. The ambitious truly benefit from this system and have concrete examples to point to when looking for other career opportunities both within and outside of KIXEYE.
    - The game teams are willing to learn from each other to make KIXEYE better and better. Sometimes the same mistake is made twice, but then it's fixed.
    - Mobility is fantastic. I've seen many friends switch teams, roles, and priorities so long as they perform well in their current role.
    - The people. Most everyone is approachable, ready to go to happy hour, and collaborate without ego.
    - Flexible with vacation and work/life balance. I've personally never had a single issue with this.

Cons

- The values and mission could use more work. They're either too simple or far too broad or far too granular. The stuff is all over the place.
    - This is a rough environment. You will be tested by people outside of your department with clout. This is a company where you need earn respect. It's not given to you when you get here unless you start high up.
    - Communication about projects is pretty....lackluster. It's a struggle to know what the company is doing sometimes.

"Capricious and Arbitrary"

Former Employee - Executive Producer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Producer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kixeye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kixeye has more talented, mature, and experienced staff than your average free-to-play studio. Too bad they've largely given up.

Cons

The CEO indoctrinates all new employees with twenty-minute lecture describing how much he like to fire people. Pretty much tells the tale.