Kleinfelder - OK | Glassdoor

"OK"

Current Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to grow your career

Cons

Some weeks require long hours

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Kleinfelder

"Great place to work... if you know the right people."

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are in an office with key senior leaders and you have good mentors, it's a great company to work for. Lots of opportunity for advancement, excellent large projects.

Cons

If you are in an out-of-the-way office and/or working for a boss who doesn't advocate for you, it can be a dead-end for junior employees.

The company recently discontinued overtime pay for all but field technicians - you'll be salaried with "opportunities for bonuses" that rarely make up for what the overtime would have provided.

2. "Great company with growing opportunities"

Current Employee - Staff Professional I
    Current Employee - Staff Professional I

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

national clients, supportive management, several avenues for learning, continues to expand delivery lines, performance bonuses, fantastic medical benefits

Cons

Not a competitive pay scale, no overtime compensation, no clear direction for lower staff to continue to move up, politics and favoritism plays a role in selection for special opportunities.

Advice to Management

Make enough room in the performance bonus budget so everyone has the potential to earn the annual maximum, that way by the end of the fiscal year, we can continue to strive for those bonuses without the feeling that we will not be compensated. Additionally, I would look into developing more clear guidance to younger staff on how to achieve promotions to project engineering and project management roles. At times, it can seem as though younger staff is spinning their wheels rather than working toward a concrete goal. Do your research instead of taking the suggestion of other upper management when it comes to selecting staff for spotlight opportunities.