Kleinfelder - Looking back, this was a very good company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kleinfelder

"Looking back, this was a very good company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA

Pros

Very employee oriented company. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Salary is satisfactory, but bonuses are quite low.

Advice to Management

The employee review process could use work. Young professionals may not know what is available to them. Management should work with employees to find out what they ultimately want from their career and the review process should help them get there

Other Employee Reviews for Kleinfelder

"Their is no substitute for fairness and equality."

Current Employee - Hydrogeologist in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Hydrogeologist in Bellevue, WA

Pros

It's a healthy mid-size company, with decent benefits and a good work environment. Intra-office and inter-office cooperation is encouraged and recipricated. The company is growing despite a faltering economy. THe annual company sponsured technical seminar facilitates the exchange of ideas between offices within the company.

Cons

The managers use regulations to take advantage of employees sometimes. Salaried employees are often expected to work 60-hour weeks with no compensation. Billability is stressed to the point of absurdity. And this leads to a significant loss of employee morale and employee loyalty. Some managers have missed the boat on keeping up with the newest industry technologies and actively discourage the professional growth or opinions of young employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who give you manage instead of thinking you already know everything.

2. "Great working environment"

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time

Pros

My experience with Kleinfelder has been very positive. The level of support and communication I have received from my department has been really great. With every question I ask, I get a response quickly. As I am participating in meetings, I really feel I am being heard and that my opinion is valued. I don't feel like just one of many faceless employees in a huge company.

Cons

Thus far I have not experienced any true cons.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people and listening to their input