Kmart - The Kmart corporation doesn't care for their employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kmart

"The Kmart corporation doesn't care for their employees."

Current Employee - Cashier in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Cashier in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Kmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

10% discount
It's easy to get a job there.
Some of the low level employees are nice.
At my particular store there is good management.

Cons

The corporate policies are unethical. If you are sick for any reason you need a doctors note and working at Kmart means you most likely can't afford to go to the doctor.
Sears credit cards are a scam
Depending on the Kmart you work at, you could get fired for having an emergency and not being able to show up.
It's retail, you work inconvenient hours, you can plan on missing time with your families for all major holidays except Christmas.
Benefits are a joke because they will not pay you enough to get them.
They expect you to sell Sears Credit Cards which customers do not want and ask a lot of questions.

Other Employee Reviews for Kmart

"unorganized"

Former Employee - Cashier in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Kmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was easy to get a job

Cons

It feels bad knowing you have to annoy the customer. We had to actually ask "would you like to help a child with cancer?" in order to guilt trip customers for St. Judes.
    The amount of paper they waste is amazing, and goes in hand with annoying the customers. The receipt would print out, and then 3-6 other little "coupons". It would print out for every customer, although the only ones who can use it are rewards members.

As far as the cash registers themselves, they give casheirs very little authority over the registers, even though you can hit 2 buttons and have all the money.I could write a novel about it, but basically if you want to do anything that SHOULD be simple, you have to get a manager over. And trust me, there are never any managers. An example is: you hit total, and get ready to take the payment. They want to take an item off. Too bad, you hit total. Time to call a manager.
    Something always was going wrong, and never any managers for an override. Lines would get long, customers mad, etc.

Even though I tried the entire time I worked there, I never got a locker, login information for their employee website, direct deposit or a discount card.
    OH, yes. No raises. Ever. At lest in the past 3ish years, and they aren't planning to change it. Even if you get a higher position, you're probably not getting a raise.

Advice to Management

give up, most people don't even know that kmart exists anymore

"terrible work place"

Former Employee - Part Time Assossciate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Part Time Assossciate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Kmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you can get paid to literally do nothing

Cons

no raises EVER
    minimum wage
    terrible management
    just closed 120 stores and will probably close all together one day

Advice to Management

don't talk to employees like they're crap and give out some kind of raise so we have a reason to actually want to work hard.