Kmart - Going No Where Fast | Glassdoor

"Going No Where Fast"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in New Brunswick, NJ
Former Employee - Operations Manager in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Kmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits- Great People- Salary Good , Most people are decent and go out of their way to help you.

Cons

Lack of work-life balance- Paper pushing is excessive- leaving not enough time to get the actual work done- high expectations with limited resources made available to you.

Advice to Management

Bring on some real merchants and stop flip flopping on most issues. Reduce the amount of proceedures and documents that have to be produced. Save a Tree!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Kmart

1. "Decent pay for customer service, but store managers need better training"

Former Employee - Sales and Service Associate in Oxon Hill, MD
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Associate in Oxon Hill, MD

I worked at Kmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and decent pay for a customer service job (at the time higher than walmart). Additional hours were generally available if you wanted.

Cons

Constant underhand threats by store managers

Advice to Management

Corporate management really needs to work on getting the store level managers competent enough to run a profitable store. I swear if I didn't know better you would think that weekly sales items came directly out of their paychecks. On too many occassions I have been asked to hide sales items in the store room and not stock them on the shelves once a set amount has been sold.

2. "I was a Supervisor"

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Oakdale, CA
    Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Oakdale, CA

I worked at Kmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the customers and working with all the sales Associates and cashier it was a great learning experience. My manager was very easy to talk to I respected her very much. Human Resources was helpfull with any concerns or questions anyone might have.

Cons

There was nothing that I did not like about my job. I like working in a fast pace environment.Helping customers find what they needed,or helping my cashiers with theire questions or concerns.I also helped when needed on the floor soft lines or hard lines.

Advice to Management

I started out as a cashier and was propromoted to check out supervisor in 30 days. I love being a supervisor and would love to advance to management with a company that would see that I do have the skills and knowledge. I also have my Associates Degree in professional marketing/Retail sales