Kmart - K Mart Store in The Gallery | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kmart

"K Mart Store in The Gallery"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Only thing I can think of is a flexible schedule

Cons

Low Pay rate, Managment treats you like crap,High turnover rate, Cashiers are promoted to shift managers within six months of working there.

Advice to Management

Better pay, better treatment of employees

Other Employee Reviews for Kmart

"Kmart SaMrt"

Former Employee - Stockman in Tifton, GA
    Former Employee - Stockman in Tifton, GA

Pros

They will give you a paycheck . . . won't they?
    It's a nice place to work if you don't mind being unsure that you will receive your pay.

Cons

Everyone in every department is grossly under-trained.
    No one is willing to train you. Probably because they were not trained very well either.
    Unfriendly work environment.
    On a further note, when it was time to get paid for the last two weeks, I still have not received a paycard, so the HR manager wrote me a pre-check. I could not cash it at any of the FOUR banks that management had told me would cash it. Finally, they told me that Wal Mart (their biggest competitor) could cash it. Of course, they wouldn't. We verified that the check had been activated, and they sent me back to Wal Mart to try again. Still nothing... Still have the worthless check... Still am not paid...

Advice to Management

Some of you are hard workers and actually want Kmart to be a better place. Well, good luck with that disaster.

"Needs big improvement."

Former Employee - Cashier, Service Desk, Supervisor in Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Cashier, Service Desk, Supervisor in Billerica, MA

Pros

-Developed good skills for future jobs.
    -Decent break schedule
    -Some decent employees

Cons

-Minimum wage
    -No raise after a year and moving to supervisor position.
    -Only focus on employees flaws instead of both the positive and negative.
    -More concerned about making a sale than keeping a customer.
    -Scheduled people even on days/times not available.

What really got me upset about working for K-mart is I would always make sure I was doing something during my shift. I would clean or do Operation invitation, or unshop when I had no customers. Another co-worker of mine would just stand and look bored when she didn't have any customers. I would also get more credit card sign-up and smart plan sales. I have also worked for the company around a year longer. We had the same exact availability and we both need to support ourselves off our income. She would end up getting more hours than I would even though I was the better worker.

Advice to Management

-Organization needs to improve.
    -Improve on customer service.
    -Better your treatment of employees.
    -Stick to realistic sales goals.
    -Need to better their research.

I went to a management meeting around a year ago. Where they gave the statistic on smart plan sales. The example of research that was given was invalid. They did a study having person ask for smart plans, but not ever customer and then compared it to a computer asking a customer every single time. In any good research there is only one variable with the rest constant. You can't change who/what was asking and the amount of times asked. It gives a very inaccurate result.