Knewton - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Knewton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, friendly, open culture, with passionate people who want to be thoughtfully involved in shaping how education responds to the digital age. A good work-life balance is consistently supported and reinforced. I’ve really enjoyed my work and interacting with coworkers to make it happen. Given the domain and the company’s rapid growth, there is a lot of opportunity to advance and take ownership of interesting projects.

Cons

Given Knewton’s growth (in company size and in number of partnerships), the company is also changing quickly. While the senior management’s vision for the company is frequently and very openly discussed, it’s still hard to anticipate how Knewton will look in one or two years.

Other Employee Reviews for Knewton

"Knewton is a great place to work. My peers are passionate and supportive and I am challenged every day."

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Knewton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is extremely supportive and the business goals create challenges that will help you grow in your career. But not only is Knewton a great place for you! It is also improving education for students around the globe. The people who work at Knewton are passionate about this mission.

Cons

Growth is probably Knewton's biggest challenge. As Knewton grows it is constantly looking to improve practices and procedures. These changes can be painful at times. There are also members of the organization that have been around for a long time that are resistant to the changes.

2. "Solid culture, team, and opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Knewton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice office space / top engineers / transparency and strong leadership from senior mgmt / an unparelleled opportunity as a leader in big data & edtech industries / many employees still here from company's early stage (a great sign)

Cons

we're outgrowing the office space / no company 401K / need more focus on metrics

Advice to Management

doing a great job