Knight Transportation - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in South Moultrie, GA
Current Employee - Truck Driver in South Moultrie, GA

I have been working at Knight Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They open the doors wen no body did, my recurring was nice she explained everything, she told me how they work and what I going to make.since I start here everything that she told me is true, is you work hard you make a good leaving out this company, and this is not my first company but is the only one how give me all they promised or try I recommend this company to anyone how want to work hard.

Cons

Some overnight or weekend driver manager are not helpful, and idiots... not everyone justcouples.

Advice to Management

Listening

Other Employee Reviews for Knight Transportation

"I loved working for the company."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Parts Manager/Tire Manager in Tulare, CA

I worked at Knight Transportation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Never wrote up employees for failing in there duties, so employees that should have been fired could not be due to lack of a paper trail. Also certain employees, of a certain gender and age, would threaten law suits, and the company would back down.

Advice to Management

Hold "EVERYONE" accountable. Appreciate and reward employees that go above and beyond in there job duties, and discipline the employees that need to be disciplined.

"Don't work for this company."

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Knight Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want miles, you'll get them, but don't get caught driving in violation of your hours of service available.

Cons

They will try to run you even when you're out of hours of service, and they only care about the cargo and not the driver. I've done everything and anything to get the job done, even when out of hours, and they've looked the other way. No thank you, no good job, just on to the next load. And when I needed their help, they threw me under the bus.

Advice to Management

It behooves you to treat your drivers with respect and courtesy, and actually tell your dispatch / driver managers to respect them more. The drivers are the ones who are putting their health, their lives, and their CDLs on the line, not to mention the fact that if it weren't for the drivers, you wouldn't be in the position you're in, and you treat them like dirt.