Knowland - Initiative is expected and rewarded | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Knowland

"Initiative is expected and rewarded"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Knowland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been very lucky to find a company who is so encouraging of their employees bettering themselves and the company, by taking on tasks and gaining skill-sets outside of their initial wheel-house. I have never worked in an environment where co-workers have put so much emphasis on teaching one another new things, while continuing to learn more themselves on their own and from each other. This practice sharing knowledge and using every day to improve ourselves proliferates throughout the entire company all the way from the C-Level executives through the ranks of Knowland on the whole. I personally have learned more from my bosses, their bosses, and co-workers, and had the opportunity to teach co-workers myself than any other workplace environment I have experienced or heard of, to date.

Knowland has a constant need for all of the company to continue to be better than we have the day before. The fast paced approach to improving the products and developing new tools and technology for the hospitality industry, makes the day to day experience at Knowland a unique, fun and creatively enthralling one. Every day is a very real opportunity to have a measurable effect on the depth, validity, accessibility and speed of our data, and tools for accessing that data for our customers.

Cons

The environment and culture of the company can be difficult for individuals who are not overtly adaptable, or do not self start easily. If you need someone to keep you on task constantly, or cannot find projects or issues to take ownership of, it can be difficult to thrive at Knowland.

Other Employee Reviews for Knowland

1. "best call center position that you will find in the Delaware/Southern Maryland area"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Salisbury, MD
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Salisbury, MD

I have been working at Knowland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great team environment in their call center in Salisbury, MD and pays more than most call center positions in the area. Co-workers are great and supportive and also competitive so it pushes you to reach your goals. In the call center they offer incentives when you hit your goals such as more hours and $$ bonuses. Company culture is very fast paced and changes quickly. The company has won many awards for its growth and success and it is easy to see why.

Cons

Because it so fast-paced there is a lot of change. The CEO and management make frequent changes to make sure the company continues to grow and be successful.

Advice to Management

Change can be hard, so be understanding when employees need time to adapt

2. "Challenging environment - but worth it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

I have been working at Knowland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make a lot of money working for this company if you're good at your job!

Cons

Like a lot of call center environments, the gossip in the Salisbury office can get be bad. And some people seem to think they are more important than they really are

Advice to Management

Everyone says the CEO is brilliant and he and the other bosses seem to care about their employees. The more I can learn from them the better.