Knowledge Learning - Churn and Burn mentality | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Knowledge Learning

"Churn and Burn mentality"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Non-Management employees are extremely hard working and serious minded about the business

Cons

Executives have little respect for their employees' time. Constantly changing projects, strategies, and work environments. Everything is reactive, and rushed; would be great if management was more proactive in their approach.

Advice to Management

Respect for their employees, consistency and a long term strategy would be appreciated. Poor decision making at the top, creates a lot of extra work and effort for everyone else. Please ask for 'real' input from your employees, instead of a few select 'yes' people. You will save a lot of money!

Other Employee Reviews for Knowledge Learning

"District Manager"

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Being a part of the bigger better part of a child's life.

Cons

None really, just had recent change in leadership that evidently did not have appreciation for the tenure of strong leaders within the company. They made a bad decision to eliminate a fleet of strong leaders based on their salary costs to the organization as a means of "making plan" by year end 2012. So sad. I was one of many that lost their job to this. A job that I was most passionate about and truly worked so hard at. I never had a day that I didn't not look forward to going to work. In fact, I looked forward to Mondays!!!!

Advice to Management

Stop hiring senior management from outside fo the company and further develop and utilize the plethora of talent within. Presently, and most unfortunately, those that can politic well despite the "least" they do in their job each day, are the ones still employed. On my team alone I was aware of two DMs that rarely visited centers; spent countless days in their offices and had poor results but they are still employed. Go figure. It takes only a couple of "bad leaders" to kill a great organization but it truly takes an army of dedicated second line leaders and front line soldiers in center leadership to build it.

"Nice, glossy marketing tactics covering up a big, old mess!"

Former Employee - Center Director
    Former Employee - Center Director

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    Child Care discount
    Training opportunities for leadership and management positions

Cons

There is a corporate office of thousands of employees but no support for center staff.
    Numbers are all they care about - the children are the last priority.
    Too much corporate red tape to get through when you just need a simple answer.

Advice to Management

Get into the centers and REALLY pay attention to what is needed. Instead of spending $$$$$ on sending Directors to a leadership conference about boosting enrollment and marketing, spend the money in the centers and classrooms where it is needed the most.