Koch Companies - Very supportive employer. | Glassdoor

"Very supportive employer."

Current Employee - Billing Clerk in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Billing Clerk in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Great individuals to work with. Great customer service.

Cons

Advancement opportunties are minimal as best in some departments.

Other Employee Reviews for Koch Companies

"Think twice before getting a career at Koch Companies."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Good salary and decent benefits

Cons

Poor management, especially upper management that could be easily swayed towards employees that were always "in" with the management. Front line supervisors did not always backup decisions made by employees. Almost no oppurtunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Most employees have good ideas if you would just listen and give it a chance.

"Horrible Experience"

Former Employee - First Seat Driver in West Plains, MO
    Former Employee - First Seat Driver in West Plains, MO

I worked at Koch Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Orientation presentation except for the garage supervisor who was obviously not only racist but just a hateful old goat in general and very disrespectful to everyone who encountered him. The safety presentation was outstanding, probably the best I have ever seen and experienced. This former police officer presenting the program knew his stuff. I was flown to Minneapolis for Orientation, paid cash on the first day and put up at a Marriott extended stay. It was awesome. Most companies don't treat new recruits so well. i thought it was promising.

Cons

I sat around as much as I did with JB Hunt! It once took 6 days to get a load out of the house! HORRIBLE!! I could not get any miles out of these people and my pay was so lousy that my wife was on a rampage. I had no choice but to get routed into a terminal then walk away from the job. Truck was a rag. I broke down on the first trip out. Then, I sat by the road while arguing with the breakdown rep about the truck would not start up and run. HE sent some guy with a computer to check it out. When the guy got to where I was broken down, 7 hours later, he immediately said "you don't need me. You need a tow truck." Yeah, no crap!! SMH!!

Advice to Management

Run your trucks. Stop leaving drivers at the truck stop. And when a driver puts his truck in the shop, you don't leave him in the driver's lounge until midnight, put him back in the broke down truck at 1230 am then wake him up again at 6 am to work on the truck some more. Would YOU want to be treated this way?? Put your driver in a hotel and treat him with respect.