Kofax - Smart/friendly employees, great atmosphere, cool software | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kofax

"Smart/friendly employees, great atmosphere, cool software"

Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very intelligent, friendly, determined, hard-working workforce. The family/friendly atmosphere makes work enjoyable. The moral is upbeat and positive, great employee training programs, free drinks/snacks, fun company events, discount car-wash service.

I am a new employee that has been at Kofax for 1 month and can tell you that the moral is great, the sales team/training is phenomenal, and the HR team is great - they made my entire on-boarding experience enjoyable. Kofax seems like a great place to work and grow.

Cons

I do NOT see any real cons to working at Kofax. You will see negative comments in other reviews but I do not agree with any of them. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they are old and are now no longer relevant.

Advice to Management

We have a great company and huge potential. Keep doing what you are doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Kofax

1. "Highly political and gossipy culture"

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The development, engineering, and PS teams are a group of wicked smart people that deliver a lot with limited appreciation (I am Sales). Pay is competitive....some positions are paid significantly above market for the experience and education brought to the table (i.e. field marketing program managers, product marketing).

Cons

There are many smart people on the front lines across the business that are not empowered to think creatively and free. There are very inexperienced or junior executives in critical positions that think leadership is intimidation and micromanagement or taking credit for something someone else did. When someone is not a fit for a position and it is agreed by those in a position to take corrective action, nothing is done. I was highly discouraged from terminating a low performing and toxic employee (well documented and several attempts to change behavior and improve performance over a quarter) out of concern over appearing "harsh" by HR and my up-line VP.

Advice to Management

My advice is to the Board of Directors (Management will not listen). It is time to take a hard look at why there has been limited progress in market cap, brand recognition, and revenue. The leadership is disconnected and elitist. If you are not a VP you don't count and are seen as uninformed.

"Some areas better than others"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First, regarding the employee survey several reviews have mentioned, the company did start acting on the results. I'll say that they handled it in a most professional manner and it wasn't doom and gloom, there were a few areas people had concerns with and I'm seeing more of an effort to talk about those areas in a straight forward manner.

From an engineering point of view I don't see anything like what the other reviews are talking about. So we must be insulated from it in our organization. I'm seeing a great development pipeline of products, lots of new areas to work on, and a great relationship with upper management.

Awesome work/life balance, nobody asks you to work insane hours, but lot of people take pride in the products and put in hours where they can.

There is an attitude of getting you want you need to get the job done. If you need hardware or a tool to make your job easier and build a better product they'll find a way to get it done.

Lots of little events to relieve stress, morning bagels/juice, happy hours, family events, team lunches, fitness classes.

Cons

Seems like a lot of churn and issues in the sales/marketing areas based on previous quarters. Things seem to be getting better so we'll see.

Upper management had a tendency to give direction and info, but not explain or elaborate, which caused some consternation, as reflected in the survey.

Advice to Management

The new focus on inclusive conversations around concerns from the survey is refreshing, do more of that, and more frequently.