Kofax - A manic year of managing upward | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kofax

"A manic year of managing upward"

I worked at Kofax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some decent coworkers who tried hard to work smart when given the autonomy to do so (though most of them were driven out either by choice or force).

Cons

My year at Kofax occurred after the acquisition of 170 Systems. I went from a "can do" environment where productivity was encouraged and valued to instead spending 50% of time managing up to the C-level. Execs. did not - and likely could not - provide strategic direction and vision. My time was limited in trying to do the right thing executing work that produced real results because I got sucked into the vortex of creating charts for monthly "EMT" review meetings that could only show what's working, and never, ever show what isn't working. This created an environment where we were unable to course-correct and develop new approaches to market, but instead spent our time spinning wheels, doing the same things, and playing the blame game when those "same things" didn't work anymore.

The C-suite is focused on managing shareholder's perception of the company rather than developing innovative products and solutions. If you focus on the right things, growth comes as a natural extension. Instead, this company is hanging onto a lifeline of tactics to keep treading water, but not truly changing the marketplace in new and exciting ways.

From everything I've heard, not much has changed in the few years since I left. They've cycled through more senior management as they continue to churn doing the same things, playing their shell game, and making very little progress for their customers, partners, and employees.

Advice to Management

Retire and make room for some executives with an eye for vision and innovation.

Other Employee Reviews for Kofax

"Good long term, struggle on short term focus."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bedford, MA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, good software development tools, free soda/juice.

Cons

Upper management doesn't communicate very transparently. They have meetings to tell us things, but then we get a layoff a week later.

Advice to Management

The salaries are fine, just need clearer communication and more honesty.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company really listens to their employees. I know a lot of people have complained but we are a large company and change doesn't happen overnight. They continue to listen to their employees and work to build a positive work environment.

One thing most people agree is that they have a LOT of great people - a lot of them have been here over 5-20 years.

The salary and benefits are competitive.

They provide plenty of team building opportunities.

The work is challenging and we have the opportunity to work with many different types of technology. It's never boring!

Sometimes we work long hours to get a project done, but it is an exception not a rule.

I have found that management at all levels will listen even if you don't agree as long as you can provide concrete information to support why you do not agree.

Kofax is a clear market leader and I am proud to be part of the company.

Cons

I wish the disgruntled employees would offer suggestions for improvement rather than general complaining. If they don't like it, they can always move on. It gets tiring for those of us who like our jobs.