Kofax - Great Company, Great People! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kofax

"Great Company, Great People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO and Senior Management have a great vision of where they want to go to make Kofax one of the best if not the best in the Industry. The company performs well year after year and seems likely to achieve more in the months to come. We seem to be looking for new talent on a regular basis as we need people who have strong skills, who love a challenge, can adapt to a fast pace, high achievement atmosphere/culture and contributing to the bottom line. Contributing is one thing but making a strong impact is another.

Cons

Every company has cons with leadership, time off policies, benefits, salaries and raises. I think Kofax fits into this catagory but the question to be asked does management recognize this and are willing to make changes when they see fit? The answer is an open one depending on the Executive. I think change is made when employees are honest with their management and share concerns. If someone isnt happy with the way things are then maybe the company is not the best fit for them and people need to move on. If you do well, there are opportunities - but you must create your own career path. It is not about entitlement its about earning the title, or raises and promotions.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on the goals we are headed to achieve. The pace can be tough so adding more headcount to assist those who are dedicated and loyal would be a strong motivation and moral booster. Can't wait to see what the future brings.

Other Employee Reviews for Kofax

"A manic year of managing upward"

I worked at Kofax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some decent coworkers who tried hard to work smart when given the autonomy to do so (though most of them were driven out either by choice or force).

Cons

My year at Kofax occurred after the acquisition of 170 Systems. I went from a "can do" environment where productivity was encouraged and valued to instead spending 50% of time managing up to the C-level. Execs. did not - and likely could not - provide strategic direction and vision. My time was limited in trying to do the right thing executing work that produced real results because I got sucked into the vortex of creating charts for monthly "EMT" review meetings that could only show what's working, and never, ever show what isn't working. This created an environment where we were unable to course-correct and develop new approaches to market, but instead spent our time spinning wheels, doing the same things, and playing the blame game when those "same things" didn't work anymore.

The C-suite is focused on managing shareholder's perception of the company rather than developing innovative products and solutions. If you focus on the right things, growth comes as a natural extension. Instead, this company is hanging onto a lifeline of tactics to keep treading water, but not truly changing the marketplace in new and exciting ways.

From everything I've heard, not much has changed in the few years since I left. They've cycled through more senior management as they continue to churn doing the same things, playing their shell game, and making very little progress for their customers, partners, and employees.

Advice to Management

Retire and make room for some executives with an eye for vision and innovation.

"Good long term, struggle on short term focus."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bedford, MA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, good software development tools, free soda/juice.

Cons

Upper management doesn't communicate very transparently. They have meetings to tell us things, but then we get a layoff a week later.

Advice to Management

The salaries are fine, just need clearer communication and more honesty.