Kohl's - Love my co-workers, but the pay is not worth it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"Love my co-workers, but the pay is not worth it"

Current Employee - Associate
Current Employee - Associate

Pros

The people I work with are great, and management is very good at recognizing when people to a great job.

Cons

The pay is horrible. For how little the pay is, you are expected to work very hard. I have worked in every department in the store, and still only make minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to provide a more respectful salary. Kohl's employees work hard for the little pay they receive. Kohl's is doing very well profit-wise. They need to extend those profits to the people that form the foundation of their company. Have some respect.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. "Unfair."

Pros

they are fairly flexible on scheduling. some people get to work in areas they enjoy.

Cons

promotions are outsourced to friends, who start out at higher salaries and are rude and hateful to existing associates.

Advice to Management

make your "suprise" visits suprise. we waste a weeks payroll, trying to get ready for these. When a stores customer service score goes from 70 to 30 percent under a new manager, maybe it should be the manager blamed, instead of him blaming the few of us who actually work.

2. "Poor workplace"

Former Employee - Area Supervisor
    Former Employee - Area Supervisor

Pros

Discount, Good quality associates you work with, Develop friendships that will last

Cons

Management, Communication, Lack of Advancement.

As I have posted before, I left this job as a full time area supervisor for a job related to my degree. I told them I would stay on to help them when I was able. Recently received a letter about termination since I hadn't worked for 60 days. I spoke with the Admin and told her to just term me. She then offered me a shift of 2 hours to keep my discount. Why in the world would I want to do that with all of the discounts that Kohls offers to Charge Holders. From the other reviews you can see that there is a lot of back stabbing and talk amongst managers. I wish that I would have just stayed a part time employee and not got involved in management. When the managers plot against each other and pt employees receive 4 to 8 hours a week it is a wonder that anyone stays as long as they do. The poor wages alone boggled my mind. There is little room for advancement unless you and your store can hit or exceed credit statistics. Stay away!!! If you are use to retail go elsewhere b/c truly Kohl's is a place where you shouldn't expect great things.

Advice to Management

Have General Managers and store managers sit down and discuss what can be done to improve store morale and also how to stop the daily changes set forth by corporate.