Kohl's - Very demanding and pay is not the best, but perks were good and they accommodated my schedule needs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"Very demanding and pay is not the best, but perks were good and they accommodated my schedule needs."

I worked at Kohl's part-time

Pros

-Very accommodating about people's schedule requirements, especially college students.
-Kohl's pushes for environmentally friendliness in its stores, with solar panels and stuff like that, and gives to charity while also promoting charity projects for employees to participate in.
-Good employee discounts
-They do give insurance and vacation time after a delay period, and some special perks like discounts to other businesses.
-The do have employee recognition programs

Cons

- Kohl's pushes their credit card very very hard, and will make you push it on customers as part of your job if you work anywhere that has any interaction with customers. If you don't like making a credit card pitch, this can be uncomfortable.
-Kohl's is also very likely to pressure you as an employee into getting a Kohl's Charge Card. Store managers are pushed by corporate to achieve daily credit card goals, and they are not above pressuring store employees into applying, or into getting their friends and family to apply, to try to meet those goals.
-Kohl's is very demanding. I saw a really high turn over rate and I think it's because Kohl's pushes their employees hard, and sometimes puts new employees onto the floor without fully training them. I felt I was being run ragged sometimes, and still had managers meeting with me to express their dissatisfaction with my performance. It was very stressful for me and a lot of fellow employees at my store when it feels they are saddling everyone with impossible goals and tasks.
-I felt the employee recognition programs were generally either silly or tended to recognize manager favorites. I was often berated for not working hard enough, but when I finally left and visited later (to shop), only then was I told that they could see how much work I used to do because my my old department was now a mess.

Advice to Management

Try to ensure that people are register trained before they are put on the sales floor. Also try to ensure that people are not put on the register without fully completing their register training, or alone for their first shift. Give more staff allowances to help deal with overwhelming recovery issues, it sometimes seemed impossible to meet my tasks in any given day when trying to deal with mountains of recovery. Don't make staff members do bag checks on their own time, and don't force employees to stay past their scheduled shift time.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. "challenging"

I have been working at Kohl's full-time

Pros

good benefits, some good people, career advancement

Cons

too much work, too little help

Advice to Management

corporate needs to communicate to stores better

2. "Stressful"

Current Employee - Department Supervisor
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, including medical, vision, etc. Adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, gym membership discounts, discount program for entertainment (concert/movie tickets, theme park admissions). Can also purchase goods like furniture, electronics, etc. through payroll deduction. Also, the employee discount.

Cons

Advancement is difficult unless you're willing to transfer. It's also a high school like atmosphere, with definite cliques and a very active (generally inaccurate) rumor mill. Work life is much easier if you're popular. Unless you excel at soliciting credit, you receive very few kudos. Payroll is tied to whether daily store sales goals are met. It's more common to be short on payroll, which means some will be asked to take a day off, leaving the remaining employees with a heavier workload. There's a lot of flexibility in the enforcement of rules, especially if the rule bender is a favorite of management (meaning they get a lot of credit applications). Some managers demonstrate little professionalism, i.e. being consistently late, reprimanding employees on the sales floor with others as witnesses, and gossiping about other employees, to name a few. Boundaries between management and floor associates are inconsistent;