Kohl's - Enjoyable | Glassdoor

"Enjoyable"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Sandusky, OH
Current Employee - Supervisor in Sandusky, OH

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is very pleasant, co-worker are very helpful, and willing to assist you throughout the day.

Cons

I believe the lack of full time positions and coverage hurts not only our customers but your employees.

Advice to Management

I enjoy working for Kohl's and I feel strongly our stores need more coverage. I hear from our customers they are unable to find associates on the sales floor. I simply explain too her that we are here at the POS so we can help assist her with a pleasant check out experience. I also would like to see some kind of employee to corporate suggestion program in place, possible thought our computer system.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

"Great place to shop, horrible place to work."

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Kohl's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount, easy to trade shifts if needed, dress code isn't strict, paid vacation time, VERY lenient with the attendance policy. Many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

MANAGERS. All promotions are based on who's the manager's friend. If you cannot (or WILL NOT) kiss butt, you will not have a career there. They let little kids (18-19) be managers and they just play with their favorites all day every day. Lazy people get away with anything if they are the manager's friend. Pay is a joke, even as a department supervisor. But again- if you kiss butt, your pay may be higher because you can get a "merit raise". Regular associates start near minimum wage and the company expects WAY too much work for that. If you're a cashier, your hours will be based on how many "credit applications" you get, meaning how many people you can manipulate into signing up for a credit card. They require each store to have a certain number of employees, which is a lot, and then they only give many of them like 4-10 hours a WEEK if they're part-time. Overtime is rare and usually punished. Even full-time associates/managers usually average around 36 hours a week. If you have a serious workplace issue and contacting corporate is your last resort, corporate will not care. You have to do pretty much anything for the customer, even when it is immoral, like returning crusty underwear, filthy shoes, or honoring their extremely-expired coupons. That is one of the main reasons I do not see a bright future for the company- too many people are abusing the return policy.

Advice to Management

Stop with the power trips. Others notice your favoritism. Show some respect for those under you.

2. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employee discounts and fellow employees.

Cons

When hiring seasonal employees they tend to cut back on the hours of the employees they already have. Not much opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Utilize the employees you have before hiring new one.