Kohl's - Kohl's: Off Shore, Outsource Monster | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"Kohl's: Off Shore, Outsource Monster"

Current Employee - RESOURCE in Menomonee Falls, WI
Current Employee - RESOURCE in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It used to be the people, but they are leaving

Cons

Quite frankly, if you’re a member of the IS team at Kohl’s you better be looking for a new job. This past week, a brainless VP of eCommerce announced that Kohl’s was going to be outsourcing all QA to a company in India. They are setting a measurable objective of 85% for all QA, and at the same time a 70% objective for developers. The affected workers were given this information is a big meeting, in front of a whole group of IS workers. Oh sure, Kohl’s is offering some alternatives, but only half of the jobs will remain.

Associates (employees) and Consultants (contract workers) are referred to as “resources”. Your manager is not your boss; instead your manager is a “Resource Manager”. Resources are expected to work day and night, without complaint. You are told, “deliver faster”, “deliver more”. All of this while moving the IT jobs from Wisconsin to India. If you support outsourcing and offshoring then Kohl’s is the place for you.

Advice to Management

The entire IS management team needs to quit and go to Walmart

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

"Enjoyable"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Sandusky, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Sandusky, OH

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is very pleasant, co-worker are very helpful, and willing to assist you throughout the day.

Cons

I believe the lack of full time positions and coverage hurts not only our customers but your employees.

Advice to Management

I enjoy working for Kohl's and I feel strongly our stores need more coverage. I hear from our customers they are unable to find associates on the sales floor. I simply explain too her that we are here at the POS so we can help assist her with a pleasant check out experience. I also would like to see some kind of employee to corporate suggestion program in place, possible thought our computer system.

2. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employee discounts and fellow employees.

Cons

When hiring seasonal employees they tend to cut back on the hours of the employees they already have. Not much opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Utilize the employees you have before hiring new one.